Here is my home made bone broth and how I make it:
1. If you like onions, dice and sauté them in butter.
2. Wash an organic chicken (always start with chicken first and after try any meat, soup bones or fish) and place it in a large pot with the onions.
3. Cover the chicken well with filtered water.
4. Bring to boil and simmer for app. 45min. or until meat is cooked.
5. Take the chicken out and remove the meat, which you can shred and use for sandwiches or in the soup later.
6. Put back the remaining carcass, add more water if you like and cook for 2 1/2 hours
7. Now add salt and pepper, also fine chopped celery or and carrots, if you like
8. Cook for 15-30 min.
9. The chicken stock is ready to eat.
10. If you like add now some crushed garlic...
no need to cook it, as it has more health benefits raw.
This stock can be enjoyed on its own, or add a raw egg into the hot soup, stir it and it will cook. Add rice noodles and green Asian vegetables.
To make a broth: what I do is I keep some of the stock in the fridge for soups and the rest
of it I add more water, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (helps to draw out the minerals from the bones) transfer it into a slow cooker, pressure cooker or if you don't have one, continue to cook on the stove for 2 days.
Remove the bones, leave in all the soft bits and blend to a smooth liquid.
The broth is strong in flavour, but extremely
healing for the gut. If you don't like it as a soup, use it in cooking like stews, casseroles, stir fry and risottos.
What you can see on the picture is a bone broth. As it cools down it will become solid jelly. And the fat on the top is to be consumed, not to throw away, you can also cook with it.
So collect some in a jar and keep it in the fridge for future frying, casseroles and more...enjoy! 😋